Detailed measurements and photographic documentation of existing conditions are crucial elements of the design process – from initial conception through final construction. Combined with HDR Panoramic Photography, 3D imaging provides a cost-effective, accurate and efficient means to capture the data necessary for documentation, design and construction.
Benefits of 3D scanning include:
- Reduction in field data collection time
- Rapid data collection of large areas with tremendous accuracy
- Reduction of costly return visits to site
3D laser scanning is applicable to numerous situations including as-built documentation for pre-construction and construction; historical preservation and renovation; building information modeling (BIM); and permanent 3D representation of sites, whether digital or printed.
Benefits of HDR Panoramic Photography include:
- Accurate capture of true RGB values at the site, with several different exposures to obtain data that otherwise may be lost in highlights and shadows
- Photo data can be mapped directly onto the point cloud data for highly accurate “true color” display
- When combining multiple setups, a virtual tour can be created, allowing the viewer to explore 360 degree views of the site from the comfort of their desk
Office Fly-Through: Exterior
Office Fly-Through: 2nd Floor
Point Clouds in Revit: 3D View
Point Clouds in Revit: Dimensions